While pondering upon which type of roofing you want for your house, metal is one of the first options that you may think of. It is one of those materials that will compliment all types of houses and come in a variety of styles that are in accordance with the latest trends and are bound to increase the appearance of your house. It will not drastically change the overall look of the house and you can remain confident in the way it will blend with the existing architecture plans. The most common metals used are stainless steel, copper and aluminum and all three have the benefit of being durable and relatively maintenance free so you won’t have to worry about getting them replaced in the near future. Metal has the capability of being cut in any shape and size without much hassle and does not produce much waste. Added to this is the fact that it is reduces the need for wood, making it a great way to conserve the forests. One of the recent inventions in metal roofing is colorbond roofing where the steel is coated and bonded with different colors and allows you to choose any color of your liking. It has changed the way metal roofing is viewed by homeowners and whereas earlier it was used mostly for sheds, now people prefer using it due to its stylized appearance that will add to the aesthetic value of their home. It helps in decreasing temperatures inside during the hotter months of the year as it reflects the heat coming from the sun.
Colorbond roofing installation is not something that every individual can do and if you are not aware of the basics of roofing the you should hire a professional that is skilled enough to properly install the roof. Proper installation also prevents further problems such as leaky roofs which can lead to structural damage as well. Here us a step by step guide of the colorbond roofing installation process:
1. The first thing that is done is to install the gutters and fascias and then install the reflective foil that is used as an insulation layer to prevent the too much heat from entering the house.
2. It is helpful to have another person by your side as colorbond sheets are light but it is difficult to carry them to the roof by yourself and opting the service of roof contractor.
3. When the sheets are in place, you need to mark them with a chalk line so that they can be cut before being permanently fixed.
4. It should be kept in mind that the sheets should accurately align with the gutters.
5. After fixing the roof in place, it should be cleaned thoroughly so that no fragments are left which can cause corrosion.
6. If the roof is at a dangerous height then it is always better to hire a person that doing it yourself.